Fred Curran Trust Fund
What is the focus of the fund: The Fred Curran Trust aims to improve the lives of people with disabilities in Knowsley. It wishes to fund projects delivered by charities, community groups and social enterprises that offer sporting opportunities to improve skills and help beneficiaries to become more active.
Key fund criteria
● Beneficiaries must be from Knowsley
● Projects must be sport related
● This fund is specifically to support people who are either suffering with mental ill health or have a physical disability.
How much is available: Grants of up to £1,000
The closing date has been extended to Monday 11th January 2021 at 4pm.
How to apply?
Please visit the Community Foundations for Lancashire and Merseyside’s website - www.cfmerseyside.org.uk and complete an online application form. Once you have submitted the online application you will need to send the documents listed below. If you do not submit all the relevant documents within 7 days your application will be withdrawn. Please attach the documents to your online application or email them to email@example.com
Documents which need to be included with your application
1. A copy of the group’s rules or constitution
2. A copy of the group’s latest annual accounts or income/expenditure information
3. A copy of a recent bank statement for your group
4. A list of current names of Trustees/Directors or for unincorporated/unregistered groups, the names of the Management Committee
5. A copy of the group’s current Safeguarding Policy. All applicants must ensure that they hold relevant policies and procedures in place to undertake activities, such as Criminal Records Bureau checks and/or a health and safety policy, depending on proposed activity. If unsure about what you need please contact the Community Foundation for help (details below)
NB: If you have received a grant from us in the last 12 months and have already submitted copies of the above documents, you do not need to send them in again. However, a bank statement is required with every application.
The following items cannot be supported via the fund:
What happens next?
Completed applications are considered by Community Foundation staff to check eligibility. You may be contacted for more information after applying and a decision making panel will make recommendations based on the fund’s criteria and the budget available.
You should expect to hear the outcome of your application approximately 6-8 weeks after the closing date.
For further information please contact us at
Community Foundations for Lancashire & Merseyside
43 Hanover Street,
T: 0330 440 4900