What is the focus of the fund: The fund can consider a wide range of community projects from organisations based within Sefton or West Lancashire. As a result of the COVID pandemic and cost of living crisis, and the impact this has had on our mental health, the FPC Foundation wishes to support projects that improve our mental wellbeing and help people to recover.
How much is available: Grants of up to £2500
Who can apply: Registered charities, community groups with a governing document, constitution or set of rules in the group’s name, social enterprises.
Which areas are covered: Sefton and West Lancashire (with priority given to groups working in the Ainsdale, Southport and Ormskirk areas)
The fund will prioritise the smaller grassroot organisations working in disadvantaged areas where a small grant can make a big difference. The donor would prefer to be the principal funder rather than contribute towards a much larger project.
Examples of the sorts of projects that may be funded:
Closing date: 5pm Monday 17th October
How to apply?
Please visit the Community Foundations website - www.lancsfoundation.org.uk or www.cfmerseyside.org.uk and complete an online application form. Once you have submitted the online application you will need to send the documents listed below. If you do not submit all the relevant documents within 7 days your application will be withdrawn. You can attach the documents to your online application, email them to email@example.com or post them to the address below.
Documents which need to be included with your application:
1. A copy of yourgoverning document
2. A copy of your latest annual accounts or income/expenditure document
3. A list of your current Trustees/Directors/Management Committee
3. A copy of a recent bank statement for your group
4. A copy of your current Safeguarding Policy. All applicants must ensure that they hold relevant policies and procedures in place to undertake activities, such as Disclosure and Barring System (DBS) checks and/or a health and safety policy, depending on proposed activity. If unsure about what you need please contact the Community Foundation for help (details below)
The following items cannot be supported via the fund:
- Statutory organisations or work that is their responsibility
- National organisations that cannot demonstrate local governance and control of local finances
- Commercial ventures
- Companies Limited by Shares
- Purchase/maintenance of vehicles
- Activities that will have already taken place before we offer you a grant
- Politically connected or exclusively religious activities
- Projects for personal profit
- Organisations that are set up for the sole benefit of animals or plants
- Groups comprising just one family or those that have less than 3 Trustees/Management Committee members/Directors
- Debts and other liabilities
- Reclaimable VAT
- Travel outside UK
What happens next?
Completed applications are considered by Community Foundation staff to check eligibility. You may be contacted for more information after applying and a decision making panel will make recommendations based on the fund’s criteria and the budget available.
For further information please contact us at:
Community Foundations for Lancashire and Merseyside
43 Hanover Street,
T: 0330 440 4900