Background: The current cost of living crisis has already had a widespread and detrimental effect to communities across the UK. In order to address this, an emergency fund has been launched by The Community Foundations for Lancashire and Merseyside (CFLM) which aims to support communities struggling with the cost of living. The fund is currently being supported by the UKCF ‘Communities in Crisis Appeal’, the FredMill Charitable Trust and the John Laing Trust.
Who will we fund:
How much is available: Grants of up to £3,000.
Which areas are covered: Lancashire and Merseyside (all boroughs)
Important note on submission timeframe: As the budget we have is limited, the fund will close as soon as we have received 11 eligible and complete applications in Merseyside and 15 eligible and complete applications in Lancashire. This is to avoid disappointment and us having to decline many applications. The fund will open again subject to additional funding received.
Decisions will take place in March.
How to apply?
Please visit the Community Foundations websites – www.lancsfoundation.org.uk or www.cfmerseyside.org.uk and complete an online application form. Once you have submitted the online application, you will need to send the documents listed below at the same time as your application. You can attach the documents to your online application, email them to email@example.com or post them to the address below.
Documents which need to be included with your application:
1. A copy of your governing document
2. A copy of your latest annual accounts or income/expenditure document
3. A list of your current Trustees/Directors/Management Committee
3. A copy of a recent bank statement for your group
4. A copy of your current Safeguarding Policy. All applicants must ensure that they hold the relevant policies and procedures in place to undertake activities, such as Disclosure and Barring System (DBS) checks and/or a health and safety policy, depending on proposed activity. If unsure about what you need please contact the Community Foundation for help (details below).
The following items cannot be supported via the fund:
What happens next?
Completed applications are considered by Community Foundation staff to check eligibility. You may be contacted for more information after applying and a decision making panel will make recommendations based on the fund’s criteria and the budget available.
For further information please contact us at:
Community Foundations for Lancashire and Merseyside
43 Hanover Street,
T: 0330 440 4900