Please read the Essential Information before applying.
What is the focus of the fund: The Blue Sky Foundation’s aim is to support children and young people up to 25 years of age with their emotional wellbeing and those suffering with or at severe risk of mental health difficulties. We would like to support projects that decrease the number of children and young people suffering with mental health problems, support young people’s emotional wellbeing, raise awareness of mental health issues or remove any stigma associated with mental health.
The Blue Sky Foundation would be particularly interested in considering ‘Test and Learn’ projects- using the funding to try out new projects without the need to meet strict outcome requirements. We want to hear about the intention of the project and its potential to hopefully be scaled-up in the future. Even if the result means that the pilot cannot be developed further the important element is sharing the learning with us and what has been gained from trialing the project.
How much is available: Grants of up to £5000
Who can apply: Registered charities, community groups with a constitution or set of rules in the group’s name, social enterprises
Which areas are covered: Merseyside (including Halton)
Any special criteria: The focus of this fund is to support smaller community organisations with an annual income of less than £250,000
Examples of the sorts of projects that may be funded:
• Projects developing children’s resilience, e.g. teaching children and young people methods and techniques to equip them with the skills necessary to prevent mental health issues and focus on their mental wellbeing
• Family support such as projects aimed at parents to help prevent the development or escalation of mental health problems in children and young people
• Peer mentoring projects with a focus on mental health and wellbeing
• Social action projects that address mental health, e.g. awareness raising projects
Closing date: Friday 1st April 2022 at 4pm
How to apply?
Please visit the Community Foundations website - www.lancsfoundation.org.uk or www.cfmerseyside.org.uk and complete an online application form. Once you have submitted the online application you will need to send the documents listed below. If you do not submit all the relevant documents within 7 days your application will be withdrawn. You can attach the documents to your online application, email them to firstname.lastname@example.org or post them to the address below.
Documents which need to be included with your application:
1. A copy of your governing document
2. A copy of your latest annual accounts or income/expenditure document
3. A list of your current Trustees/Directors/Management Committee
3. A copy of a recent bank statement for your group
4. A copy of your current Safeguarding Policy. All applicants must ensure that they hold relevant policies and procedures in place to undertake activities, such as Criminal Records Bureau checks and/or a health and safety policy, depending on proposed activity. If unsure about what you need please contact the Community Foundation for help (details below)
The following items cannot be supported via the fund:
- Statutory organisations or work that is their responsibility
- National organisations that cannot demonstrate local governance and control of local finances
- Commercial ventures
- CICs Limited by Shares
- Purchase/maintenance of vehicles
- Activities that will have already taken place before we offer you a grant
- Politically connected or exclusively religious activities
- Projects for personal profit
- Organisations that are set up for the sole benefit of animals or plants
- Groups comprising just one family or those that have less than 3 Trustees/Management Committee members/Directors
- Debts and other liabilities
- Reclaimable VAT
- Travel outside UK
What happens next?
Completed applications are considered by Community Foundation staff to check eligibility. You may be contacted for more information after applying and a decision making panel will make recommendations based on the fund’s criteria and the budget available.
Decisions will be made in May 2022.
For further information please contact us at:
Community Foundations for Lancashire and Merseyside
43 Hanover Street,
T: 0330 440 4900