Please read the Essential Information before applying.
Background to the Fund: The fund was established with funding from BHP Billiton Petroleum Ltd.
What is the focus of the fund: Projects based around enhancing or conserving the local physical environment that also benefit the wider community and improve people’s lives. The fund has the following priorities:
Who can apply: Voluntary or community groups with a constitution or set of rules in the group’s name.
How much is available: Grants of up to £2000 are available and the total budget available to spend is approximately £11,000.
Which areas are covered: Merseyside including Halton
Any special criteria: Priority will be given to those groups working in disadvantaged areas of the community that show local community involvement.
Examples of the sorts of projects that may be funded:
The expected closing date will be Friday 28th April though the fund may close sooner if ample applications are received prior to this date.
How to apply?
Please visit the Community Foundation for Merseyside’s website - www.cfmerseyside.org.uk and complete an online application form. Once you have submitted the online application, you will need to send the documents listed below. If you do not submit all the relevant documents within seven days, your application will be withdrawn. You can attach the documents to your online application or email them to email@example.com
Alternatively, you can post them to the address below.
Documents which need to be included with your application:
1. A copy of the group’s rules or constitution
2. A copy of the group’s latest annual accounts or income/expenditure document
3. A list of your Trustees/Management Committee/Directors
4. A copy of a bank statement in the group's name, dated within the last three months and clearly showing the account number and sort code (for payment purposes only if your application is successful)
5. A copy of the group’s current Safeguarding Policy. All applicants must ensure that they hold relevant policies and procedures in place to undertake activities, such as DBS checks and/or a health and safety policy, depending on proposed activity. If unsure about what you need, please contact the Community Foundation for help
NB: If you have applied to us recently and already submitted the above documents, you only need to re-send documents that have since been amended or may now be outdated such as a bank statement and accounts.
The following items cannot be supported via the fund:
What happens next?
Completed applications are considered by Community Foundation staff to check eligibility. You may be contacted for more information after applying and a decision making panel will make recommendations based on the fund’s criteria and the budget available. You should expect to hear the outcome of your application within 6-8 weeks of the closing date.
For further support, please contact us on any of the details below:
Community Foundations for Lancashire & Merseyside
43 Hanover Street,
Liverpool, L1 3DN
T: 0330 440 4900