Select a topic below:
- Establish a named fund
- Make an online donation
How we can help
We work as part of a national network of 46 UK Community Foundations providing expert charitable advice, sound management and due diligence support
services to make charitable giving easy, tax-efficient and robust, allowing our clients to focus their attention on their core business. We help companies and public sector bodies such as Hill Dickinson, Liverpool ONE, Tilney Group, Medicash, Shop Direct, the Home Office and Peel Ports set up funds that support causes that matter to them where there is most need.
We have two types of fund: endowment and annual:
- Endowed Funds are permanently invested with the annual income distributed as grants. Funds are invested with regard to growing the value of your fund over time to create an expanding and sustainable source of funds for grant making in perpetuity. We normally suggest a minimum target of £100,000, which can be achieved by a one off gift, regular monthly or lump sum contributions when appropriate to your business or tax situation.
- Flow Through Funds are distributed as grants within a defined period of time, often by making an annual donation which is distributed within that year to make an immediate impact. We normally suggest a minimum of £50,000 for revenue funds.
Named funds can be:
- Your way of supporting forever, the causes your organisation cares about.
- Linked to your organisation to provide a lasting focus for staff and your corporate charitable giving.
- Reflects the aims of your Corporate Social Responsibility policy.
We can help you with your giving by:
- Long term investments (Endowment Funds) or short-term programmes (Flow through Funds) available
- Researching needs
- Supporting themes or a geographical location of your choice (or both)
- Offering a bespoke grant programme design and management
- Allowing your organisation to be as involved as you wish in the decision making process
- Applying due diligence and monitoring
- Measuring impact
- Operating across all of Merseyside
- Assuring quality through a programme endorsed by the Charity Commission
CFM is an independent charity responsible for raising 100% of our core costs, receiving no central or local government support for this. We ask for charitable contributions, which go directly back to communities in Merseyside through grant making and capacity building. Taking into account the size and scope of the fund, we would take a contribution of 10—15% of its value for Flow Through Funds and 1—1.5% per annum for Endowment Funds.
This is then re-invested in staff time to run our efficient and effective grant programmes, conduct full due diligence, and provide practical support and advice to local community projects. We are serious about making a positive change in the communities of Merseyside that need it most.