Click here to apply
What is the focus of the fund: TheKnowsley Foundation (Knowsley MBC, Knowsley Chamber, One Knowsley and Community Foundation for Merseyside) are pleased to launch the Knowsley COVID-19 Support Fund.
The purpose of the fund is to enhance and instigate activities to enable living with COVID-19 as part of a pandemic recovery and resilience strategy. The Fund will enable greater community resilience that will prevent and control outbreaks of COVID-19 through new collaborations, intelligence, and community empowerment and capacity building. There will be two different open grant programmes as part of the fund.
The total amount available in the fund for both Programmes combined is £615,000.
Programme 2 – Grants for Small Capital and Capacity Building
Applicants must be based within and deliver the services or activities in Knowsley
Programme 2 will consider applications for one-off capital or development costs to build capacity towards achieving Covid-19 recovery and resilience. The priorities are:
- Some examples of costs that can be considered include purchasing laptops, digital devices, wifi dongles, website development to improve communication of support services and social media delivery training. This list is not exhaustive and the fund can consider other small capital or training costs that would help to meet this priority.
- This could include equipment to continue or establish an existing or new activity. The fund can also support a community venue in becoming Covid-19 secure in order reopen activities safely such as PPE, hand sanitisers etc.
Who can apply?
Voluntary, community and faith organisations, registered charities, companies limited by guarantee, churches, PTAs and parish/town councils.
How much is available?
Grants of up to £10,000 to be spent by 31st March 2022 – The amount the group or organisation can apply for must be proportionate to annual income. Therefore, do not apply for a grant that is close to, equal to, or above the annual income of your group or organisation. Subject to oversubscription the grants panel may award lower amounts than applied for.
Projects should plan to be delivered from August.
Must be compliant with law and practice in relation to the Equality Act
Applicants are able to apply to both Programme 1 and Programme 2 of this fund.
All grantees will be required to report on the outcomes achieved following project delivery.
The closing date for applications is Friday 2nd July 2021 at 5pm.
How to apply?
Please visit the Community Foundation for Merseyside’s website - www.cfmerseyside.org.uk and complete an online application form. Once you have submitted the online application you will need to send the documents listed below. If you do not submit all the relevant documents within 7 days your application will be withdrawn. Please attach the documents to your online application or email them to email@example.com
Documents which need to be included with your application
1. A copy of the group or organisation’s governing document, rules or constitution
2. A copy of the group or organisation’s latest annual accounts or income/expenditure document
3. A copy of a recent bank statement (within the last three months)
4. A list of current trustees/directors or management committee
5. A copy of the group’s current Safeguarding Policy and Health & Safety Policy which must include a Covid-19 risk assessment. All applicants must ensure that they hold relevant policies, insurances and procedures in place to undertake activities, including Criminal Records Bureau checks depending on proposed activity. If unsure about what you need please contact the Community Foundation for help (details below)
NB: If you have received a grant from the Community Foundation or Knowsley Foundation in the last 12 months and have already submitted copies of the above documents, you do not need to send them in again. However, a recent bank statement (within the last three months) is required with every application.
The following cannot be supported via the fund:
What happens next?
Completed applications are considered by Community Foundation staff to check eligibility. You may be contacted for more information after applying and a decision making panel will make recommendations based on the fund’s criteria and the budget available.
You should expect to hear the outcome of your application approximately 6 weeks after the closing date.
For further information please contact us at:
Community Foundations for Merseyside
43 Hanover Street,
T: 0330 440 4900
Click here to apply