Big Local Beechwood, Ballantyne and Bidston Village Bright Ideas Fund
Click here to apply
Please read the Essential Information before applying.
This fund is for community organisations and groups wishing to apply for the Beechwood, Ballantyne & Bidston Village Big Local Bright Ideas Fund for grants up to £3,000
The Big Local Bright Ideas Fund welcomes applications from not-for-profit and public sector organisations that will benefit residents living in the Birkenhead area of Beechwood, Ballantyne & Bidston Village ONLY. Preference will be given to organisations based within the Big Local area.
The fund is open to all ideas although we would especially welcome applications that address one or more of the following;
Increasing the wellbeing of residents
- Courses, trips, classes, events or projects which are predominantly resident-led
- Courses, trips, classes, events or projects which will upskills residents living in the Big Local area
- Funding for Big Local area residents to set up new groups (non-constituted groups must liaise with an established not-for-profit organisation for them to hold the funding on their behalf)
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Organisations should have their own bank account in their own name (new groups may wish to apply but should seek an established organisation to hold funding on their behalf)
- Organisations must provide copies of the relevant supporting information and policies (Health & Safety, Criminal Records Bureau checks) where appropriate
- Big Local must be recognised as a funder in all literature relating to the project, event or activity
- Information must be submitted within your application about the potential impact the project, event or activity will have on beneficiaries and the wider community
- Copies of all receipts, expenditure and evidence relating to the project i.e. photographs, feedback etc must be submitted at the end of the project, event or activity
- All projects, events or activities must be completed by the agreed date. Project monitoring must be completed and returned to us by the agreed date.
The Big Local Bright Ideas Fund cannot fund any of the following:
- Medical Research
- Grants to Individuals
- Grant making bodies
- Replacement funding (where funding has been withdrawn or due to end)
- Political activities
- Animal welfare
- Promotion of religion
Please be aware that the Big Local Partnership may wish to contact you further for clarification on your application.
Find out more about Big Local by visiting our Facebook group “Beechwood, Ballantyne & Bidston Village Big Local”
Decision Process and Appeals
The fund is administered by the Community Foundation in partnership with a panel of residents living in the Big Local area.
Applications will be considered as/when received, though please note it may take up to 3 months for a decision. Additional questions may be asked to assist with the decision.
Applicants should note that funding is limited and therefore not all applications will be successful.
The Big Local Bright Ideas Fund panel decisions will be final with no appeals process.
Click here to apply